- Remix to improve the accuracy of the orbital periods of the three inner planets modeled in this project so far
- Remix and add the accurate orbital period of Mars.
- Create your own solar system model in Scratch that uses your own method of planetary movement and measurement
- Create an accurate model of another multi-planetary system:
- Find other solar system models on Scratch; find one that has modelled the orbital periods highly accurately. Find one that does not and remix it making it more accurate.
- Add Jupiter to this project. Try to model the relative distance from the sun and the orbital period as accurately as possible.
- Is it possible to accurately model, to scale, the sizes AND distances of the planets in a Scratch project? Why or why not?
- What is the most accurate way to describe the shape of the path of the planetary orbits?
- Create a model in Scratch that illustrates as accurately as possible, Kepler’s first, second and/or third law. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFqM0lreJYw)